As more and more people experience near-death, the public awareness increases, and more and more, it comes up in conversation.
The conversation about near-death experiences (NDE’s) is typically centered around questions about the afterlife and what happens to consciousness should you follow the iconic tunnel of light. Credits: The Bizzare Electromagnetic After Effects of Near–Death Experiences
The sensational aspects of the experience gets the attention, but what happens after you experience near-death?
“Around eighty percent of the people who experienced near-death states claimed that their lives were forever changed by what happened to them. On closer examination, though, a pattern of surprising dimensions emerged. Experiencers were not returning with just a renewed zest for life and a more spiritual outlook. They were evidencing specific psychological and physiological differences on a scale never before faced by them.” – P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D.
Common among the after-effects are:
- Changes in personality, often including becoming more loving, calm, and non-judgmental, or leading to major life changes, like divorce, estrangement from family and friends or increased magnetism around others
- Noticeable increase in intuitive and psychic capabilities, including communication with spirits, plants and animals
- A shift in a sense of life priorities
- A sense of timelessness and non-duality
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Changes in attitudes about health, wellness and spirituality